We love boldness and sense of humour. We loathe cookie-cutter jargon and avoid clichés and boring solutions. Our strong team spirit and easy-going athmosphere has also brought us success in the Great Place to work study. Watch our employee interview video on Youtube to learn more about us!
Software Developer - Python & Django
Dear Python Devs,
A fast growing Tech company is looking for web developers in New York, NY, Dallas, TX and Baltimore, MD.
Currently, we have vacant positions for Senior Python Developer and Python Developer positions. If you consider yourself a motivated web developer with plenty of initiative, we have the perfect job for you. At our New York office, we work with our Shuup Multi-Vendor Platform. Shuup is used to build enterprise online marketplaces (such as Amazon and Grubhub) through which multiple vendors can sell physical or digital products and services.
We wish from you that:
- You are confident in working with Django and you love writing Python language.
- You are somewhat familiar with LESS, SASS, jQuery and ES6.
- You are interested in software development as a craft and wish to grow as a developer.
In addition, we value
- Experience in agile software development methods.
- Experience from software development projects.
- You wish to share your knowledge with other developers.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- You have experience or interest in E-Commerce.
- Prior experience in using open source technologies in software development.
- Fluency in English.
We trust in Python and solution-oriented working. For every Andersian, we plan an individual career path and support it along the way. We have a wide range of projects and we promise that you won’t get bored with us. We offer a competitive salary and other benefits. You may also choose to work either remotely or at the office, that is totally up to you.
Project examples 2019
- Pharmaceutical Multivendor E-Commerce marketplace as a mobile application, made with Python/Django, React and React Native.
- Mobile application for the retail industry that integrates with Python into a customer backend with a mobile application implemented as PWA.
- Large scale software infrastructure with Django and along with different integrations to third party systems, such as .NET integration to Microsoft products.
- Multiple public sector services utilizing open source technologies (Django & React).
Our success in the Great Place to Work studies tells a lot about how we feel about our employees. We will support your professional development in many ways and encourage employees also to participate in developing our company. When the organizational culture is being originated and nurtured by employees, it becomes authentic, honest and laid-back.
- An interesting and motivated work environment with great co-workers
- The opportunity to be a part of building an international success story
- Interesting and challenging projects - not just repetitive work!
- Extensive remote work possibilities
Technical Sales Specialist
What we're looking for
We’re on the hunt for two (2) Technical Sales Specialists to join our sales team at our Anders Innovations, Vancouver office. We are a fast-growing global technology consulting company selling and marketing our SHUUP.COM e-commerce platform product to our clients worldwide. We work with some of the leading clients in the world, such as Boston Consulting Group, Realty One and other Fortune 5000 companies.
What you'll do
As a Technical Sales Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess clients' needs, recommend and assist in the selection of appropriate software features, and negotiate prices and other sales terms in Canada and United States
- Provide input for development teams in Finland, Europe, for Shuup.com product design and features, when software must be tailored to suit clients' needs
- Develop sales presentations, proposals and other materials to illustrate benefits from using our software and services
- Estimate costs of software license, installing and development of Shuup.com
- Prepare and administer sales contracts and maintain customer records
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to the software
- Develop and maintain technical product and development service knowledge to explain features to clients and answer questions about features and services
- Develop, implement and report on marketing plans and sales strategies to achieve business goals
- Assess market conditions and competitors' activities and develop an awareness of emerging markets and trends
- Offer training in the operation and maintenance of SHUUP.COM
What you'll need to bring
- A university degree or college diploma in a program related to the sales, e-commerce and digital marketing
- 1-year experience in sales or in a technical occupation related to the e-commerce platforms and digital marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in a Finnish and/or Spanish language
- Work or travel experience to United States and/or Finland, Europe, considered as an advantage.
- Company training programs for technical sales specialists will be provided by the employer.
- Progression to sales management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
37.5 hours per week.
Rate of pay
Annual Salary; $54,960.
Physical work location
375 Water St, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, BC V6B 5C6, Canada
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioral descriptive interview questions.
Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to sending them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Hey! You may be the person we are looking for! Continue reading...
WE WISH FROM YOU THAT
You know how to lead software development projects in an agile manner and that you have a few years' worth of experience under your belt. Starting from specifying the project all the way to ending the project
You have an ability to rapidly understand the key aspects of customer’s business and have the possibility to act as customer’s Product Owner when needed
You have a background in software development, meaning that you know what makes developers tick
You are systematic and proactive
You feel at home in different customer environments and are you able to run multiple projects in parallel
IN ADDITION, WE VALUE
Experience from public sector projects
You can implement LEAN and/or SAFe -frameworks
Fluency in Finnish (note that this is not a must!)
You have a project management or agile development certificate
Experience of line management duties
Why Anders? We believe that sometimes it’s time to change scenery. The grass might not be greener, but it’s new, different and can take your skills to a new level. At Anders we have interesting (or at least different) projects and we do our utmost in not seating you at customer premises. We believe that an employee reaches best results and is happier in a familiar setting in his/her own work environment.
More experienced guys at Anders get to tutor and mentor younger developers. We encourage people to give lectures, talks, write blogs and teach others. You can choose your own toolset and it’s up to you how you want to decorate your own table or leave it as it is. Really the only thing we force upon you is your colleagues, but because they are a bunch of awesome people, it’s actually a good thing.
Responsibility is not pushed on people, rather one can take us much of it as one wants. At us you get to be yourself. No need to dress up for work, then again, it’s not forbidden either.
PROJECT EXAMPLES FROM 2018-2019
- Pharmaceutical webshop as a mobile application, made with Python/Django, React and React Native
- Mobile application for the retail industry that integrates with Python into a customer backend with a mobile application implemented as PWA
- Underwater tracking and information system application
- Large scale software infrastructure with Django and Magento along with different integrations to third party systems, such as .NET integration to Microsoft product
- Complex multishop ecommerce system with customized solutions
- Multiple public sector services utilizing open source technologies (mostly Django & React)
Our success in the Great Place to Work studies tells a lot about how we feel about our employees. We will support your professional development in many ways and encourage employees also to participate in developing our company. When the organisational culture is being originated and nurtured by employees, it becomes authentic, honest and laid-back.
You don't want to box yourself to a spesific technology? Neither do we! So drop your open application and amaze us.
We will contact you when a suitable position comes available.
Why choose Anders? Check out our versatile benefits and make your choice. We take care of you!
Great place to work®
Anders is certificated Great place to work® employer.
Employees can have more responsibilities whenever wanted.
Flexible working hours
Trust enables flexible working hours.
In expert work it doesn't matter where or when, as long as the work is done.
Choose your tools
macOS, Linux, Windows? Choose whatever suits you best.
Common lunches are the best part at work.
Cereals for every morning, Friday brunches together.
Often includes Playstation and craft beer.
Employees allocate 10% of working hours to education and can purchase trainings.
Mehiläinen helps when flu strikes an employee.
Weekly afterworks, game nights, sports and brewery unite Andersians.
We always aim to use cutting-edge technology in our projects.
Our leaders encourage flat organisational politics.
Exercise and culture benefits
Andersians are supported to enjoy the hobbies they love.
We pay bonuses quarterly if set goals are achieved.
Possibility to affect
We wish every employee to share their ideas for developing Anders' business.
Get to know us!
Read more about our culture and people.